Sunday, May 20, 2012

£££££

Back on another trip away from home to keep some sort of existence in my profession, I notice how much further behind I get with current trends and I guess I don't mind. Fed up with 'must have new' attitude that is drummed into us to feed the oil companies and Chinese economy. Looking at tablets, i-things, and bright young things with too much pocket money, I think I'm getting old fast.
Back home, I live in a country which is not afraid to ask how much money do I earn, because presumably they don't think they do earn enough. 
Over here in the London, as the pace quickens even more for the Olympics, the appreciation is more on consumerism as a way of enjoyment and escapism. Although I do prefer our new life away from all of this, my only doubt is the ever-widening gap between the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2079083?guests=1&s=TJUe