Monday, December 4, 2017

Clocks

As our train pulls into a peripheral Bratislava station a couple of Sunday's ago a huddle of riot police await an incoming train on another platform. Presumably for an incoming entourage of football related hooligans (British 1980's throwback style...). But unbeknown to them the train arrives at a different platform. Keystone cops comes to mind as the huddle quickly cross the lines to welcome all but a few surprised disembarking passengers with no association to any team.
Glum faces in my carriage staring into blank telephone screens probably missed this magical moment of entertainment. No audience for this prime viewing. 
Maybe I'm more absorbed with my whereabouts than any technology. The clocks can stand still if you want, like at old man Foytik's home, who sadly passed away a few months back. Snow comes and snow goes, the visual effect is there to be enjoyed. Try it.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    I have capital that is used to grant short and long term special loans of 5,000 to 1,000,000 € for any serious person who wants a loan.
    My loan is granted with a fixed rate of 2% for the duration of the loan.
    You can repay the loan for a period of between 1 and 24 years, depending on the amount borrowed.
    You have several projects that are stuck for a moment for funding reasons, I will help you.
    So, if you need credit, do not hesitate to contact me
      My email address is; Loanyou59@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2079083?guests=1&s=TJUe